Thursday, June 2, 2011

Making a Statement

So getting noticed is what it is all about...

According to the experts, making an unforgettable entrance is central to the top jewelry trends for 2011.

This means not only big and blingy but unusual and off the mainstream. Variegated textures, unusual combinations, quirkiness, layering and mixing up different eras fits very well into what I do.

I love the mixing of eras and am now starting to collect vintage jewelry pieces pull them apart and incorporate them into new and interesting combinations. This means that every piece is truly unique and always real vintage - not pieces bought from wholesalers.

My latest is a truly international mix - a little bit of vintage Turkey, Australia, India and England from the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. This process of putting together and composing pieces could get addictive - stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Great post and jewelry!!
    Vintage Turkey sounds perfect to me!

    So glad I found you through the Etsy Blog Team!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix! It is absolutely beautiful! Have a great Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how it came together - beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete